Matt Bomer singing on Glee…. can’t wait!
Ok. So. I’m not a Glee fan. BUT I COULD MAKE AN EXCEPTION FOR THIS. Oh my god I love Matt Bomer, and Goyte, and him singing? The only way this could be better if you took out the kid and replaced him with Peter. :D
Stop being so attractive. Please.
Some thoughts from a former glee fan:
- WATCHING MATT BOMER’S FACE DURING THIS WHOLE SCENE only serves to remind me how poor the rest of the acting is sans Kurt and Sue. Because he is just so damn good compared to the rest of them. (though Darren’s not bad in this bit either)
- This song is so perfect for the White Collar season finale.
- I feel like everyone wants to be on this show not because it’s any good but because it looks SO FUN for actors, especially actors who can sing. It’s like college musical theater all over again. If I was able to be on glee for an episode, hell yes I’d do it, just for the fun of it.
- Dear Glee song choosers. Do you even read the lyrics of the songs you pick when you pick them? Or just the chorus? Because really. Brothers. Singing this. Okay. It’s like Smile by Lily Allen. Totally not the topic of the scene, it made no sense. That said, I haven’t seen this episode so idk. But the Lily Allen thing still applies. That was just silly.
- Matt Bomer you are perfect.
No. No, no, no, no, no. This is not a song you sing to your estranged brother. You could spin, I dunno, “The Sounds of Silence” into an estranged brother song. “9 Crimes” by Damien Rice is generic enough to spin into a familial relationship. A hastily rewritten version of “Father of Mine” by Everclear, or even just “Santa Monica”, or “No Children” by the Mountain Goats with the “wife” lyric rewritten as “I hope I lie/And tell everyone I hope you have a good life” - all of that would work. ANYTHING. BUT. THIS.
This isn’t as musically grotesque as other Glee covers, but it’s established the Andersons as a distant branch of House Lannister. Good job, Ryan Murphy. Good job.
A DISTANT BRANCH OF HOUSE LANNISTER. ALL OF THE AWARDS.